Part of our new module range of space-saving designs, the Hampshire Electronics VCO in 8HP is a brand new, 100% analogue voltage controlled oscillator in the popular Eurorack format.
The oscillator utilises the famous 3340 analogue oscillator integrated circuit popularised by a range of classic analogue synthesizers from the 1980s onwards. The 3340 has recently re-entered production, enabling a new generation of synth enthusiasts to enjoy its stability and sound quality.
The key details of the oscillator are:
- 8HP Wide Eurorack module with thin profile (20mm deep from faceplate)
- Aluminium faceplate in gloss black, white and gold
- 100% analogue circuitry
- Excellent stability and temperature compensation from the 3340 analogue oscillator IC
- 1v per octave inputs with excellent tracking across a range of octaves
- Coarse and fine-tuning knobs with a tuning defeat switch
- Output frequencies of all wave shapes from less than 1Hz to over 40kHz - the module can be used as an LFO if required
- Standard 16-pin Eurorack power connector with clear markings to ensure correct connection orientation
- Simultaneous ramp, square, triangle and sine wave outputs
- An exponential FM input accepting the standard +5v to -5v levels, featuring an attenuator
- Pulse width control of the square wave output
- Pulse width modulation input for the square wave output, accepting the standard +5v to -5v levels and featuring an attenuator
- Classic 3340 hard sync input accepting a 0v to 5v square wave input
- Diode protected power input
- 23ma @ +12v
- 24ma @ -12v
All Hampshire Electronics modules come with full and detailed instructions, power cable and screws.
Designed and assembled in England.