A ring modulator creates the metallic, robotic sounds so beloved of sci-fi programmes!
Ring modulation is 4-quadrant multiplication of a carrier by a modulation signal. This is similar to the behaviour of a normal VCA, the difference being that negative voltage signals invert the carrier signal and modulate its amplitude also.
The key details of the Ring Modulator module are:
- 4HP Wide Eurorack module with thin profile (20mm deep from faceplate)
- 100% analogue circuitry
- Aluminium faceplate in gloss black, white and gold
- Input range from -5v to +5v
- AC and DC inputs for both carrier (X) and modulator (Y)
- AC coupled inputs remove any DC offset
- DC coupled inputs can be used for control voltages
- Attenuation of carrier (X) and modulator (Y) signals
- Wet / Dry control to mix the output with the carrier (X) signal
- Diode protected power input
- 13ma @ +12v
- 13ma @ -12v
All Hampshire Electronics modules come with full and detailed instructions, power cable and screws.
Designed and assembled in England.